Monday, January 10, 2011

Recap

Oops I haven't blogged in a few days, time to catch up.
Saturday was my Dad's 60th birthday so I was saving up my 'cheat meal' for his party. I did a hard legs training session in the morning followed by a short HIIT session in anticipation for it. My dad's partner organised the party - she is a great cook (lives for it!) and always go waaaay overboard so I enjoyed marinated chicken with all kinds of yummy salads (including my recipe below). Somehow I still had room for dessert - On top of the birthday cake was an assortment of desserts so I had small pieces of bday cake, baked cheesecake and apple slice! felt good until then, the belly ache hit.

I didn't eat much during the day on Sunday, rather than forcing in my usual meals I decided to listen to my body and take it light. Then we ended up going out to dinner last night, to an Indian restaurant. Ali and I ordered possibly the healthiest thing on the menu ( I hope) Chicken Tikka - tandoori chicken breasts and we shared a piece of roti bread which is plain. Would have preferred the garlic and cheese naan but trying to make better choices here (without missing out on dining out). Its no fun turning down social stuff cos of a diet, I'm not competing so don't intend on missing out with time with my friends.

Here's the recipe for one of the meals I brought to share at the party, everyone seemed to like it! Far from diet food but Healthy, good fresh ingredients and YUMMY:

Peel and cube 1 large sweet potato and 1 large beetroot
drizzle over olive oil and season
Roast on separate trays at 200 degrees, 45mins, beetroot closer to an hour
mix together on a nice platter
Sprinkle over walnuts and small cubes of fetta cheese
Bake in the oven to warm through the cheese and combine flavours

1 comment:

  1. Oohh Steph that sounds delicious!!
    I think it's great that you guys are implementing a variety of foods into your diet - life is about living and who wants to look back and feel like you wasted all the fun times cos you are constantly dieting!!
    Vic
    PS - there's ALWAYS room for dessert ;)

    ReplyDelete