Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Earning the carbs


Yesterday was a day off weights. I did my walk in the morning and a cycle class at lunchtime. It was my third one ever, the first being in 2008 with Liz (see pic!) and the second just before Christmas after we joined up at Goodlife. I’m not really sure what the difference between cycle and RPM is but my guess is that Cycle is more free style. The instructor obviously lives and breathes riding, he wasn’t one of those instructors that needs to yell to be motivating… lol. It’s a 45min class so perfect for me to build up my fitness. I used to do every group fitness class EXCEPT RPM but I’m really enjoying being able to burn a whole heap of calories without requiring coordination or jumping around. Things bounce at the moment and I don’t like it. Lol!

Food was also to plan which is slightly different for my higher intensity cardio days, I decided that as an ‘earned treat’ I’d have sushi after the class (best sushi in the city is ‘R Sushi’ on Adelaide or Felix Streets) instead of my usual carb meal. Due to the higher calories in this meal, I remove my nuts from morning tea.

So here’s a typical (non sushi) day with 6 meals:
Oats, egg whites
Fish, vege, almonds
Egg whites, sweet potato
Chicken, avocado, salad
Kanga sausage, vege
Natural yoghurt, protein powder (dessert)

As we know, the rule with carbs is you earn them. So I walk before the oats and put the other carb meal either before or after my training session – it sounds simple.... just gotta do it! cook, eat, repeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment