Thursday, January 6, 2011

The good the bad and the ugly


I’m looking forward to my next weigh in. Its going to remind me of the Simpsons’ episode where Homer gets stuck in the tube at Mt Splashmore and decides to lose weight. They play the music from the movie “The Good the Bad and the Ugly’ as he approaches the scale,“Ok scales, I don’t like you and you don’t like me but I’ve been very good this week, so you’d better treat me right”.

Yesterday was another day to plan. In the morning I trained Chest and Arms, I decided to put them together to try some supersets and without endless time to train, I’m putting more priority on the other body parts- back, legs and shoulders. I still like to go as heavy as I can though, just because I hold fat on my upper body doesn’t mean I have huge muscles there! Two of my goals in losing some weight are to regain “arm dents” and tummy pride” ie to feel good in singlets and (eventually) a bikini again. Tummy is the last place I’ll be happy with!
I did:
Incline bench press
Superset bicep curls with lying tricep extensions with an ezycurl bar (better on my wrists)
Flat DB press
Superset cable bicep curls with rope pushdowns
Flyes

I think a lot about my yo-yo dieting and I think a part of the problem is I’m still working out who I am. It always comes back to self esteem. I think that if you try to fit yourself into a mould you’ll always fail, you just need to be the best version of yourself you can. I was talking with a friend recently about her dating and she went on a date and was so nervous that she acted completely ‘over the top’ and kind of scared him away…. She regretted it because she wasn’t being herself…. But then there were a few different versions of herself… (depending on who she was with). We all fall into this trap, we try to be all things to all people. Another friend told me she often felt too scared to share her opinion on things for fear of what people would think of her. We’re all so pc these days, its ok to disagree and its ok to be ‘different’!

I won’t define myself by my weight. Just because you’re in great shape doesn’t mean you don’t have any personal or emotional issues because weight is just one area where these problems can manifest. I’m resolving to respect myself by treating my most valuable asset (body and health) with care.

1 comment:

  1. I think honouring your values is a big step in treating yourself with care and smoothing out your eating habits :) (based on own experience!)

    ReplyDelete