Monday, January 3, 2011

Plan the work, work the plan!


Here’s my weekly
Exercise plan

4 x weights sessions, followed by 10mins walk on treadmill
5 x 30min walks – preferably first thing in the morning
2 x group fitness classes.
Ali and I are going to try bikram yoga this week so its on the plan– for flexibility and something new.

Monday: Legs
Tuesday: 30mins walk, Back
Wednesday: 30mins walk, RPM class
Thursday: Chest/Arms
Friday: 30mins walk, BodyAttack class
Saturday: 30mins walk, Shoulders/Hammies
Sunday: Bikram Yoga class, 30mins walk

So that’s the easy part! Maybe with the exception of getting up in the morning for walks… that’s difficult until you get used to it, the trick is to have your clothes laid out ready and when your alarm goes off immediately put your feet on the ground without thinking. Oh and get to bed earlier!

The plan is to blog regularly for accountability and to keep my goals in the forefront of my mind, even if the posts are boring and repetitive! Cos let’s face it, that’s what losing weight or prepping for a competition is like…! But, choosing a more positive point of view, I’ll rephrase that as being ‘consistent’ ;) I’m giving myself enough variety and flexibility in my meal plan to avoid feeling too restricted. Bit of common sense and tough love is all I need!

I have to make each day count so each post will try to blog about the day/s before. Yesterday went well, food was ‘to plan’ and I did my legs session at Goodlife, Booval. I did:
- smith squats
- close leg press, warmed up calves imbetween sets (yep, that's me above... lol!)
- seated calf raises
- one legged leg press (high)
- superset leg extensions and hamstring curls

We’ve been members of Goodlife for a month or so now, we don’t live near one so on the weekends we’ve been doing the rounds of Graceville, Holland Park and now Booval. I think Holland Park is my favourite, it has a pool which would be great to do a few laps in after a workout.

Hope you’re off to a good start too x

2 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back blogging Steph :) I've moved my blog onto a domain name so I'm now www.lastchancetraining.com.au if you want to look me up.

    Hugs
    Liz;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz :) I've been quiet but am still reading! Now that I'm back (have pulled my head out of the sand, lol) I will definately be commenting more x

    ReplyDelete